Our (so-called) "employer"

Our (so-called) "employer"

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Tattle Tail Tuesday ~ the first of MANY!

~ Proudly brought to you by Annie

I was pondering this idea before I visited Tybalt's blog, but that cemented it for me. He was mentioning that he did not really relate to the established cat themes for Friday, so decided to launch his own recurring Friday theme.
ME TUESDAY TOO
.

Tuesdays are sort of a lag day for us. We don't think our toes or tails are very interesting (well, except for Sadie's one orange toe, I guess), and since Walter is gone, there are no really cute tummies around. (Well, Sadie's is kind of cute in an overly flooffy sort of way, some might say.) We never think of Sadie as a Tabby (I try to not think of her at all except for when I'm chasing her, cornering her, stalking her, and bullying her), so we don't feel very inspired on Tuesdays.

I am decreeing Tuesday Tattle Tail Tuesday. There is so much naughtiness going on around here, someone needs to expose it, so I shall take on that daunting challenge. Plus, tattling is super-inspiring for me. I thrive on negative attention! (All you tattlers out there, join in! Surely Mosaic Lady is not the only scandalous, deviant person with dark secrets that need revealing who is living with cats who blog?)

So here's a spooky thing about ML:
Even as a child she hated Halloween because she loathes having to dress in costume.
It's waaaaay too much pressure to perform, plus she's lazy that way.
But she LOVED the candy, being the obsessive/compulsive overeater sugar junkie she is was.

As an adult, she still hates Halloween because she still hates to dress up. And is still lazy.
And now she hates children.
Especially children in costumes, on her property, pounding on the door, screaming loudly at her.
(Her degree in Child Psychology baffles us, too.)

mmmmmmm...KitKat!


So, every Halloween, she turns the porch lights off and makes us watch tee vee with all the inside lights turned off and the sound down real low.
She has carefully cultivated her "crazy cat lady" image over the years, so her reputation in the 'hood, coupled with the fact that we've been lucky enough to live in very sparsely populated places, pretty much ensure NO KIDS DARE COME THIS WAY.
Ergo: she never buys Halloween candy for Halloween night.

mmmmmmm...Butterfinger!

So, true to form, last week she hit the market on November 1 and came home with 6 bags of $1.25 Halloween markdown crap.

mmmmmm...Snickers!

That 50 pounds by 50th birthday goal is getting more and more elusive, isn't it Mosaic Lady?

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. Our mombean bought candy to give out two weeks before halloween cuz it was on sale, but had to go buy more cuz she ate most of it. The empty wrappers make good toys - they make nice crinkly sounds.

Anonymous said...

HE HE. I like tabby Tuesday because I'm the only tabby and I get to blog, but I can see where that wouldn't be all that interesting for other kitties! I could like your Tattletail Tuesday!

Tybalt said...

I wholeheartedly approve of Tattletail Tuesday! Our mommy likes to dress up and give out candy for halloween, but she sympathizes on the disliking loud children on her property. Mommy says that makes her a "beautiful dichotomy." I'm not sure what that is, but maybe your mommy is one too?

Daisy said...

I love the idea of Tattletail Tuesday! My Mommie is trying to lose a few pounds too. But since we got only TWO trick or treaters, she has eaten almost all of the leftover Halloween candy already.

LZ said...

First of all, I LOVE tattletail tuesday, its great!! I'll play next week for sure.

Secondly, yeah, we don't like kids much in our house either. We hand out the candy but its just because we "have to". We're a kid-free house. Animals welcome.

Latte

HRH Yao-Lin said...

ahaha thats hilarious. I LOVE the idea of tattling on our humans. I will gladly join in on this one.

I think that your human gained a degree in child psychology so that she could learn what would keep children away!!

As far as her being an obsessive compulsive eater, my slave said to tell you that it doesn't count if you eat it standing up.

Trust me.

xxx

HRH Yao-Lin said...

ahaha thats hilarious. I LOVE the idea of tattling on our humans. I will gladly join in on this one.

I think that your human gained a degree in child psychology so that she could learn what would keep children away!!

As far as her being an obsessive compulsive eater, my slave said to tell you that it doesn't count if you eat it standing up.

Trust me.

xxx

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Mwahahaa, we're going to enjoy 'tattletale tuesday'...We're with Yao-lin, yoor mom got a degree in child sykolojee to lern how to keep dem away. ::we can't wait to start skweeling on mom and dad::

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Hahha that's a good ideer. We can git our own back on mum now.Bet she's worrying now bout what we're going to say.

Mickey's Musings said...

Tattle Tail Tuesday,heeheeheehee!!!
I'll have to remember to get ready to read with my treats and toona juice! :)

Unknown said...

Tattle Tail Tuesday is a wonderful idea - there are so many things I can tattle on my Mum about. I'm in!

The Halloween candy story sounded like my Mum wrote it. She bought some discount candy for when the niece came - yah right, the next time the niece comes there will be no candy to be found!

Next Tuesday I shall tattle on my Mum about her hair mishap that happened this weekend - oh I can barely wait!

Victor Tabbycat said...

Wait... Sadie, if yur not a tabby, are you a torby? Or...? *I* fink yur toes an tail an tummy are all quite Tuesday worthy. We don't always do the themes cuz Mom likes "feline inspuration," like me an Bonnie sharin the chair an me playin wif the Lady Bug... hmmm wonder if the lady bug waked up yet?
Purrs an nosekisses to my lovely lady Sadie Badie!

Bonnie Underfoot said...

Child Psychology, eh? Well, the more you know about them, the less you want to be around them. I've limited myself to ONE.

And WHY is it all these treats are for human beans and NOT for us? Why aren't the Temptations on sale after Halloween, hmmm?

Tattle Tail Tuesday - Oh, the stories I could tell! Muwahahahaha

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Wowww, that is lots of lots of candies~!

Lux said...

There's just too much that I could tell - everyone would eventually get bored!

Well, that candy was on SALE, I'm sure - you wouldn't want to waste green papers by not buying any!

Just Ducky said...

KitKat's for the kit cat's?

Sunny's Mommy said...

We never buy candy for trick or treaters either :-p Don't get any here, houses aren't close by, no lights on the street, etc. Works for us!

Sunny's Daddy brought home a half price bag of Reese's wafers. Never had them before but they're really good! If not for Halloween I'd never know these wonderful candies were made :-) So you see, Halloween's good for something!

Parker said...

You are a world class tattler! I think that this is a wonderful idea and I could think of a thing or 3 to tell about here in O Hi O!

Mr. Hendrix said...

what a great idea Tattling on Tuesday! ha ha ha

My mommy loooooooooves Halloween. She sayz it doesn't require presents, she doesn't have to go to family functions and she dresses up to scare the beejeezus out of the kids who come so it is a purfect holiday for her. Lets also not forget the chocolate factor. She loooooooooves chocolate...

Great job Tattling Annie. I think this one will take off!