Our (so-called) "employer"

Our (so-called) "employer"

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Fat Caturday

I noticed many kitties posting about SKINNY this morning.
This has caused me to reflect upon my FAT.

Here is the very first photo of me taken on the day I came to the Mosaic House as a foster on August 9, 2007.

Look how big my ears are and how skinny my face and torso are!
Mosaic Lady often wondered if I'd ever grow into my big paws.

I think you can see my ribs, or my sinuous muscles, here.
I weighed only 5.5 pounds!
I look like an emaciated fashion model in this one.
(Don't worry - I do not use heroin.)

I was a sleek mini house panther on the (Sadie) stalking prowl last summer.

Here I am three months later, after too much half price Halloween candy.
Mosaic Lady titled this photo: Annie Widebody!!
As if it were my fault that she free feeded me two different kinds of Wysong dry food and as much canned food as I wanted in the first few months.
Besides...is it my fault that the two hyperthyroid geriatrics get canned food whenever they whine for it so they can keep their weights up?
Of course I partake. Wouldn't you?

Here I am two months later, at Christmas, after too many boxes of See's chocolates.
LOOKIT my belly hang and my thunder thighs!
Do you think Mosaic Lady would let me post of photo of her taken from this angle?

In recap:
Here I am last summer...

and here I am now...

I am thinking it is at least a double chin, if not triple.
You could almost mistake me for Kami.

Mosaic Lady is very curious to know how much I weigh now.
I have suggested that she weigh herself, pick me up, and then weigh us both.
She says she is not that curious.

9 comments:

Daisy said...

Annie, I think you look happy and satisfied! I got a little bit of a belly, too.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Wow Annie, there's twice as much of you now.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Yoo look purrty healthy to us! Even little bitty Zippy gots a fat face fur winter...daddy calls her a chipmonkey!

Artsy Catsy said...

Annie, as you can see from my photos, I think it's urgently important for a kitty to double in size every so often.

Rocky

Victor Tabbycat said...

I fink you've "filled out". Mom keeps wonderin if my face has gotten fat cuz of my puffy cheeks. Heck, Bonnie won't eat her canned food so I can't let it go to waste... or do I mean waist?
Purrs to Sadie! Maybe the weight will slow Annie down a bit.

HRH Yao-Lin said...

Well I think you look the epitome of health. You have nothing to worry about, I expect your human is just jealous because you have clearly been eating for England (or America) for the last few months yet still manage to look stunning. He he xx

Mickey's Musings said...

Oh Annie,you're not fat,you just grew into your ears!!Besides all kitties are skinny.Now,you are a 'just the right size' young cat.
Do you still like to tease Sadie? Mickey put her in his T13 post :)
Purrs Tillie

Jelly said...

Ha! Kami would eat Annie for lunch and still have room left over for one of the other kitties at your house! He's already eaten off all my fingers. I'm typing this with my nose. Send help.

Sunny's Mommy said...

Let's see, 5.5 x 2 is 11 lbs. I'm guessing you've at least doubled your weight. But there's nothing wrong with that, as you were a growing girl kitty!

You could have a contest. To see who guesses your current weight correctly. ML can weigh you by the method you wrote about. (We had to do this in the past with the big dog we had, as he wouldn't get on the scales by himself. I made Sunny's Daddy get on the scale with Stitch, of course.)

Or you could have a contest to guess ML's correct current weight. HAHAHA!

The prize for the winner could be ML's current candy stash. Cause I'm sure she has some. I guess she's calling it her pre-Valentine's Day candy stash :-p