Believe me when I tell you that Mosaic Lady has the most well-developed sense of smell on the planet. (All the better for wine evaluation. Slurp.)
She can smell when a neighbor down the hill is smoking outside their house. She can smell freshly-oozed poo before it even hits the ground.
You can imagine that Smudge's amazing reversal of fortune this week in going from a constipated, hollaring, tight-butt, to a non-stop, poo puddle machine has taken its toll on her nose, and her sanity.
We have four litter boxes throughout the house for him, and yes, the litter in his kitty condo is Cat Attract. (He uses the litter boxes to pee all the time.)
In all fairness, we did hear Mosaic Lady say last Sunday as she walked through the living room with Nature's Miracle 3-in-1 spray in hand, staring accusingly at Smudge: "It smells like POO POO in here. What did you do? Of course... it could be my dinner."
We have somehow managed to live through two weeks with the prolific and odiferous Smudge, and god-willing, we will only have to endure one more. We were able to compile this list of 13 before his first two weeks were even up!
13 inappropriate and inconvenient places Smudge has pooped (so far):
1) On the floor of his kitty condo, inches from the litter box.
(We should count this one like 956 times, really.)
2) In our plastic play cube!
We are not making this up. While ML was writing this last Friday, she did not know he had done it again! Twice in one day! A new PR! It was such a big and GROSS poo puddle that she just gave up and took it outside to wash it down with the hose. Not only did she resent that she was fresh out of the shower when she discovered it, but I deeply resent that she hung it to dry over Walter's yard memorial. Things are going from worse to worser around here. Nothing is sacred. Everything is poo-vulnerable.
5) On the concrete floor of the mud/laundry room within feet of our litter boxes.
6) On the floor of the mud/laundry room right under the step down from the kitchen. That was a close one for always-barefoot-in-the-house ML.
7) On the rug in the mud room right after the step down in front of the washer and dryer.
8) On the concrete floor in the mud/litter/laundry room way back against the wall in between the freezer and a table so that to clean it ML had to get down on the dirty, hard floor and crawl under a table and pray that she would not get stuck in the tight squeeze and have to scream her lungs out for a neighbor to hear (They won't. They are all deaf.) She might have to inhale Smudge poo for days before someone brought the jaws of life to extract her.
9) On Mosaic Lady's bathroom rug, inches from Annie's litter box.
10) On Mosaic Lady's bathroom floor, inches from the rug.
11) In the foster kitty bedroom on the carpet in between plastic tubs full of mosaics.
12) Two piles in that place so we are counting it twice.
13) On the center circular scratch part of the roller ball toy WHERE THE CATNIP GOES!
Look out, little Lucy. It's only a matter of time until he poops on your head.