Our (so-called) "employer"

Our (so-called) "employer"

Thursday, October 4, 2007

What A Dummie, Wednesday

(We thought it was Wednesday until we posted this and saw our mistake on our blog. Therefore, the title is more fitting than ever and we are leaving it.)

Our fun fur friends, Kellie, Yao-Lin and Miss Peach, all tagged us for the screenshot of desktop meme.
At first we did not think we could do it since we are on a Mac, but this morning we googled it and found this:

Taking Screenshots with Screen Capture in Mac OS X Panther
Adapted From: Mac OS X Panther Timesaving Techniques For Dummies

So we followed the directions and got this:

That is our desktop image, but none of our folders would show up. (Update: This, too, is a generic Mac desktop image that comes loaded on the laptop. But thanks so much for thinking Mosaic Lady is talented enough to somehow be responsible for doing anything other than selecting it and clicking.)

But that's OK...they are almost all folders of photos of us in various stages of blog-readiness. And some mosaic photos, and lots more photos of us. We don't have a very interesting desktop. Mosaic Lady is very easily over-stimulated by sounds and sights and bright lights, chaos, strong odors (like POO puddles from Smudge, for instance), etc, etc. A very simple and almost mono-chromatic desktop works best for her sensitive nervous system. Green is her favorite color, and this is an especially peaceful and calming shade, so we use this one the most. (She's very annoying and bitchy when she's over-stimulated. "Brittle", comes to mind. Trust us.)

Here is Sepia Sadie. We used this on the desktop for a long time on our old iBook (RIP). We knew Victor would enjoy seeing his special friend when she was tiny and floofy and even more adorable just as adorable:


Right now our screen saver is Nature Patterns, a standard option on our Mac. We like that one a lot. Sometimes we do a slide show of all of our photos, but that gets on Mosaic Lady's nerves if we do it too much. Almost everything gets on her nerves if we do it too much.

It's sort of a stressful week around here for a few reasons so we are not feeling very chipper or creative today. In addition, we learned from Molly that our NOMSS Friend, the well-accessorized guinea pig, Gingerbread, was helped along to the bridge by her family earlier this week. If you feel so inclined, please stop by Molly's blog and express your sympathy.

16 comments:

ASTOR CATS said...

What a pretty ladybug. That is very soothing.

Midnite & Stray Kitty

LZ said...

She's much better than the Lap Lady who didn't even think to look up how to get a screen shot of the Mac at home. She likes monotones too, black and white works best for her. What a beautiful sepia picture!

Kaze

HRH Yao-Lin said...

oh, bummer about the guinea pig, that is quite sad.

Your human sounds as annoying as mine. She is always getting stressed out by trivialities. I find the odd swipe with a sharp claw helps calm her down.

I do like that image on your pc, however, it is rather soothing.

Sunny's Mommy said...

That's a beautiful photo of Sadie in sepia :-)

Daisy said...

I love the ladybug photo, it is cute! We just have one of the boring default images that came with our computer. I think my Mommie has some work to do!

I am sorry that you are having a stressful week, and I am very sad to learn about Gingerbread. I am going to go visit there now.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that you've had a stressful week. Your desktop image is lovely, but it should really feature one of you guys. ;) I like the Sepia Sadie!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

What a gorgeous ladybug. We are furry impressed. And oh so adorable Sadie...she just bloomed into a beautiful lady. I am sure Victor will be happy.

Purrs to my dear one Willie and all

The Divine Miss B

Victor Tabbycat said...

Squeeeeel! Baby Sadie! Whata wonderful pictor! Awwwwwww

I dopted Mom when I was 8 monfs old, so those is my youngest pictors. It'll be my 2nd gotchaversary on Oct 29, BTW.

Mom purrfurs a quiet background an few disteractions, too. We was tagged fur that meme, so we'll do it soon. Purrs to my lovely Sadie an ankle rubs fur Ms. Mosaic Lady, too. I's furry sorry to hear bout yer NOMSS furiend. Poor lil piggy.

Luv, Me.

Jimmy Joe said...

I like that picture of the Lady bug a whole lot. That would make me happy to look at every day, too. I'm sorry to hear about your piggy friend.
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

Unknown said...

It sounds like the ML is having a bad week. Are you guys behaving? Try to be nice to her and give her some sandpapery kisses, oh wait, they can be rather annoying sometimes, perhaps you guys should just stay out of her way : )

Victor Tabbycat said...

BTW, two beans at Mom's werk place was not unnerstandin eachofur dis mornin as one said "we should meet tomorro mornin" an the ofur said "No, we should meet Friday mornin." If today's fursday, then tomorro's friday, so...

What is WIF deez beans?
Kisses fur Sadie!

Lux said...

Such a cute ladybug on your desktop!

That picture of Sadie is so ... so ... well, it makes me feel both happy and nostalgic and ... it's just pretty to look at!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

This is very very beautiful ladybug.
You always very tasteful, I think that is because you are a wonderful artist~!!!

Sepia Sadie is very beautiful, and I like using this color to display Sepia Sadie's beauty and hopeful~!

Always good taste~! I love your taste~!

Karen Jo said...

The ladybug on the green leaf is very restful and pretty. I love Sepia Sadie. I am really sorry to hear about Gingerbread. I will go right over.

The Cat Realm said...

I am so sorry to hear that you lost your nomss friend! Now tha maid is teary again and we haven't even been to Molly's blog yet...
Distraction...:
I need your help to make a decision - if you have time, come and take the poll at my blog? Thank you!
Karl

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Oh such A SWEET LITTLE LADYBUG....IT SEEMS TO BE FLYINg no jumping off a leaf....darn darkness makes it hard to see the keys with my paws. Sorry you guys have been having a stressful week! Really sorry....bummer about the sweet Gingerbread too...sad to lose a friend.
Thanks for doing the desktop meme:)
Love Peachy