Our (so-called) "employer"

Our (so-called) "employer"

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Sullivan's Island Saturday

Well, Kitties, Mosaic Dawg nearly had to stay home, but she squeezed into the back of our rental Chevy Trailblazer anyway and we hit the road to South Carolina yesterday. You should have seen spatially-challenged Mosaic Lady try to fit everything in.
Pretty ugly, as you might imagine.

Here are all four of us. I'm the black one in the soft carrier with red trim. Sadie is trying to figure out why that piece of ripped cardboard is there.

She realized that it was to prevent her from hissing at me for four and a half highway hours.

Mosaic Dawg is characteristically glum and ambivalent about the whole escapade.

Here are the important things you need to know about our trip:
1) Before ML had gone 2 miles from home, I figured out how to unzip my carrier just enough for me to squeeze through.
ML could not believe her eyes when she saw me climbing over boxes in her rear view mirror. She had to pull over and put me back in. She nearly poo'd in her pants at first, because the carrier looked fully zipped. I scared her a little, with my awesome panther powers. She thought maybe I was Annie Houdini.

2) Bianca screamed non-stop for the first two and a half hours. I am not making that up to impress you. You should have seen ML taking deep, cleansing breaths, trying to let Bianca's howling be her meditation.
Be the howl, Mosaic Lady...BE the howl.
After two hours of that (which is a lifetime long for her), she predictably snapped and said many things in very loud tones of voices I am pretty sure the Dali Lama does not say to distressed four-legged sentient beings.
I was perfect, of course, and got to sit up front with ML after she rearranged the back of the car so that Bianca was as far back as she could possibly be, and facing out. It did not muffle her mania.
Bianca will be on drugs for the ride home. Period.

3) Sadie did a little bit of poo in her carrier. ML smelled it when she got back into the SUV after a pee stop at Love's, but once again, she thought it was the lunch she'd made for herself. (Why does the smell of her meals always remind her of kitty poo?)

Here we are in our guest house upon arrival. Bianca is confused by the holiday wreath on the door. She wonders what kind of backwards island people do not know that it belongs on the shower head.

Willie is taking the opportunity to experience what it feels like to sit on a clean floor.

4) We all kept Mosaic Lady up from 2am-5am. I played, of course. This was not something she appreciated after a very long time in the car with head banger Bianca followed by a very long wine o' clock with our godmother.
Mosaic Lady woke up many times last night with head banging of her own.
FOUR tents and cubes hit the floor Sunday morning in hopes they would burn off some of my nocturnal energy.
HA!

ML and I are especially fond of these chartreuse leather recliners. Fortunately, there are two.

So we survived the drive down, Kitties, (no thanks to Bianca!) and we love it here. I will have photos from today's adventures to share tomorrow.
OH, Kitties...
#5) When we arrived, our godmother was wearing PURPLE crocs with holes in them! And her husband has olive green ones!
Now I feel bad for not letting ML bring hers because they really would be handy for her to use when she walks outside and over to the big house.
But not too bad.

18 comments:

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Wowie, do yoo gots dat whole floor and all da cubes and tents and chairs to yoorselfs? Our Sadie is a terrible traveler, crying, whining and out and out screaming if she is in a car for more than 10 minits! Merry Krissmouse any way...

Milton said...

Wow! What a lovely vacation Villa. Does it come with breaky-fast in bed? And really cute waiter-beans to make sure that you have every little thing your heart desires?

That is the only way I'd go onna trip. I guess that's why I've never been any where.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

A lovely vacation villa. I would like to say that in my defense, I do not howl. At all. In the car.

C.

Leslie said...

My goodness, is Bianca part Siamese at all? Pyewacket yells like that.

We would like to nominate your mother for a bravery award - well, we would if we have one, but at least we are thinking about her.

What a great holiday place! We are at home in our house with gran staying, for the holiday.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

What a great place to go furr your Holly Days. We don't know what wuz the matter wiv our mum cuz she started choking when she read about the wreath on the door and the clean floors. Oh it's ok she wuz laffin not choking. Don't know what she's on about clean floors furr. Yoo should see the state of our porch, then she blames it on us bringing in muddy pawprints.

Mickey's Musings said...

Quite a trip :) I must admit, my first trip,I screamed for 2 1/2 hours too :) Heehee
Your home away from home looks nice! Those leather chairs are cool too ;) Can't wait for more updates :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mickey, Georgia & Tillie

Victor Tabbycat said...

Sadie, I fink Annie needs 15 minutes of play therapy afore bed efurry nite, like I did when I was that age. Intense play, like leapin after toys an racin up an down stairs. Then, maybe, she'll sleep thru the nite.

My poor sweetie, stuck in the carrier wif yur poo. Efurryfings gonna be ok. Sandy Claws is comin!

HRH Yao-Lin said...

maaahaha that is brilliant, sounds like between you cats you made the journey absolute hell for the human! Well done!! It's a strange thing that your human's cooking reminds her of kitty poo. Strange, but not altogether unrealistic. Be honest, did you do something do her lunch? Mwa ha ha!!!

Those clean floors look marvelous *sigh*

Can't believe their holiday wreath is not on a shower head. Everyone knows that is where it belongs! x

ZOOLATRY said...

Horrors upon horrors. Perhaps one and all (including ML) should take those "funny happy pills" for the trip homeward...

Sunny's Mommy said...

That truly sounds like a drive to hell. Better ML than me, I say ;-)

Merry Christmas to all of you :-)

Daisy said...

Purple Crocs? Your godmother is my kind of lady!

Annie Houdini, that's a great stunt you pulled in the car! Merry Christmas.

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Mickey's Musings said...

Santa comes tonight!!!!!!!!!
WooHoo!! Let there be chaos!! Heehee :)


MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mickey, Georgia & Tillie

Poppy Q said...

Merry christmousie everycat and bean. That was an awesome post about the trip down, and my mum did snigger when she read about the crocs (she loves hers too).

Merry christmas.

Parker said...

HeeHee! Sounds like the type of trip we made last August...But anywho...I am happy that you made it OK and are having lotsa' fun!
Merry Christmas and enjoy your beach time!

Lux said...

Loved hearing about the beginning to your adventure -

Hope you're having a lovely day,
Luxie

Millie said...

Merry Christmas! I hope you have a happy, and safe Christmas and a Healthy and Prosperous New Year!

*smoochies*

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.