Our (so-called) "employer"

Our (so-called) "employer"

Friday, August 24, 2007

Formerly Feral now Foster Friday!


Guest Blogger: ANNIE, Mini House Panther

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeey Kitteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!
We all knew it was only a matter of days before I seized the blog. YAY ME!
And lookey here...I am Kat's Cat of the Day today! Foster Friday. It's ME.
Thanks Kat! (and thanks to the nice lady who called me Mini House Panther!)

So much good news!
First: the Dawg has finally stopped fixating on me and stalking my every move.
She is a pain in the a$$.

Second: Mosaic Lady and the Prez of TAAG talked today and because ML is hopelessly attached to me (who didn't see that coming, huh?) she can't bear to take me to Pet Smart adoption days on Saturday. She can't drop me off and then have me adopted by STRANGERS, nor can she inconspicuously hover for 5 hours, giving every possible adopter the evil mosaic eye of "you are not worthy" scrutiny. So it was decided that I will continue to live here and explore purrfect forever home finding in "alternative ways". (That's delusional human speak for buying time. Or, delaying the inevitable.)

Really -- ML would like to find me the purrfect forever home. But she wants to control it. I'm sorry..."remain involved".
Plus, she's hoping a few more weeks of terrorizing her cats will get it all out of my system and I will play nice with others in my next home. HA HA HA HA.

Seriously -- here I am sharing Willie's couch with him. (Bianca is living under her couch again. Bianca HATES me. HA HA HA HA.) Last night ML woke up to find me AND Willie sleeping at the foot of her bed. Unfortunately, her disbelief was so strong that she had to turn on the light to see it. We both dispersed, and when Willie tried to resume our amicable repose, I spat and hissed at him, chasing him out of MY bedroom. ML had to carry Willie back in and place him on the bed, reminding him that he belongs here too.
HA HA HA HA.

Here is a very blurry photo PROVING that I am making progress with Sadie. We are sharing HER table!
But that was yesterday. Today I spent the whole afternoon thunderstorm stalking her. See that corner next to the printer? I had her backed into it until ML rescued her. YAY ME.

And then I spent some quality time in the mosaic studio helping Mosaic Lady make a new wine carafe. Hey! If you like gardens and bunnies, pinks and greens... you need to see her latest one HERE.

See Faz snoopervising from a safe distance? Even he and I get along now!
From a safe distance.

Please don't let my honest confessions scare you away from adopting me!
I am confident and affectionate around all humans and Leah the Dawg; I eat ANYTHING and I eat a LOT; I am impeccably groomed and fastidious in my litter box habits; I come when called (and even when not called); I have the BEST reflexes and eye-paw coordination ML has ever seen in a four-legged! She calls me Air Annie when we play catch.

Other kitties are just hard for me right now. I don't trust them yet. I spent my entire life (all 9 months of it) outside around other cats where we only got fed once a day and I had to fight for every bite. And then I had babies when I was still a baby myself! It's a wonder I weighed even 5.5 pounds. Now that I am learning to share territory, and can eat good food at any time of day or night, I am learning how to relax and trust.
And I am finally growing into my paws!
I am going to be a gorgeous and sleek Mini House Panther!
(And a well-adjusted one. Even if it's the last thing Mosaic Lady does.
And it may be.)

21 comments:

Bonnie Underfoot said...

I might actually grow to LIKE Little Orphan Annie. Sounds like she's running the household. You go, girl!

Victor Tabbycat said...

Bon-nie! Wait, wait, go back to the pictor wif Sadie! Hi, Sadie! ::waves paw:: Don't let Annie pick on you! Just ignore her or whap her (no claws). You're so purty.

Um, isn't that a Christmas blankie Willie is sleepin on? But it's a KITTY blankie, so that's okay.

Pee Ess Don't tell yur mom, but the real Faz is a girl kitty.

Unknown said...

Oh Annie, you are quite the character. I am glad that the Mosaic Lady is being so picky on who gets to adopt you. You never know if you behave yourself and get along with the other kitties, she might just forget you are there!

Mosaic Cats said...

Ooops, we did it again?
Victor, Dear...
Much like Stephen Colbert does not see color or race, we don't see gender or sex.
We thought Faz was a boy because we THOUGHT our next kitty would be a BOY.
We HOPED our next kitty would be a boy.
Alas. Annie!
Psychologically, we need Faz to be a boy. It's a compensatory mechanism.
(Did you know we thought Kellie was a boy, too, when we first tagged her for a meme? We suffer from gender dysmorphia. Dysphoria? Something like that.)
It's all good. Remember our guinea pig was a hermaphrodite. We sure didn't notice!
Equal Opportunity Lovers

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Dear EOL'ers! Who are you trying to kid here...that mini house panther is so woven into the fibers of your lives by now....she will never leave the Old Glouster Homestead!
More to follow on this subject after my bath:))
Peachy

MaoMao said...

Annie, you are so KOOL! You and Dorydoo are two of a kind, I'm tellin' you what. Both of you bee-yootiful black kitty girls and so much fun! We Ballicai are havin' fun gettin' to know you. ConCATulashuns on bein' Kat's Cat of the Day!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

=-=

Hi, Annie! Dorydoo here! Wow, you're a gorgeous girl! And as you know, I am a house panther, too! Like MaoMao said, we're definitely two of a kind. And I'm glad you and the other kitties in the house are getting along better! That is wonderful! Hang in there -- we house panthers are very spunky, feisty characters, and sometimes it takes time for other kitties to understand that!

Love and cuddles,

Dorydoo.

Jimmy Joe said...

You made yourself right at home, Annie, didn't you. I do that, too. Su casa es mi casa, right? (I don't really know Spanish, but I thought I'd try it out.) Have fun with your foster siblings this weekend!
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

Daisy said...

Hooray for you Annie! You have a lot of spunk. And it is great that ML Is looking out for you and finding just the right forever home for you.

The Cat Realm said...

Thank you so much for your support. Yes, we checked immediately when Tyler suggested - nevertheless, we already had a local communicator work on her yesterday - $ 75 later it seems as if she gave us nothing but false hope... The maid is desperate and willing to try anything but the budget is low at The Cat Realm, and we will have to scramble - I don't even know if that is the right humans word... We will confer and see. Truthfully we are out of hope - three days in the desert...
All you guys at the blogosphere are wonderful - now the maid cries again. I will just sleep. Karl

sammawow said...

Hey Annie, we definitely think that you seem to belong where you are! We like your catitude, indeed!

Purrrrrs, China Cat & Willow

Lux said...

You are so sleek and, yes, pantherish, Annie ...

The Mosaic Lady's studio looks very interesting!

Christine and FAZ said...

You guys are all so lucky to have the Mosaic Lady looking out for your welfare. FAZ

p.s. her vase was lovely too - pinks and greens remind me of roses.

Parker said...

Annie - I think you might just be home.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Annie, you are a beautiful kitty and I'm glad you have such a wonderful Foster Home. I hope you find a wonderful Forever Home that the Mosaic Lady approves of.

Mr. Hendrix said...

Hi Annie! Thanks for visiting when I was home alone. We had a great time. Thanks for the tips on ruling any home with an iron paw. I needed the brush up, I've been spoiling my beans to much.
I hope you find your wonderful forever home soon. I'm sure your Mosaic Lady will make sure it is as good as hers.

Mr. Hendrix said...

Hi Annie! Thanks for visiting when I was home alone. We had a great time. Thanks for the tips on ruling any home with an iron paw. I needed the brush up, I've been spoiling my beans to much.
I hope you find your wonderful forever home soon. I'm sure your Mosaic Lady will make sure it is as good as hers.

Tyler said...

Oh Annie!

I didn't realize you were fighting to be top cat of the house. That makes it very difficult on all the other cats that lived there before you. If you could relax and trust you would be so much better off. Have faith Annie dear, it'll work out for the best.

Victor Tabbycat said...

Sadie, it's ok fur yur Faz to be a boy! The Bad Kitty Cats are named whatefur seems right. What's it mater anyway? Cats NEFUR come when they's called :-) They shuld just always use can openers to call us!
So, can I call you my girlfuriend? I thot it was ok, but I don't wanna push you too fast. Purrs an nose kisses!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Annie you are such a spunky free spirit, we over here at Manx Mnews really admire that. We hope you have (secretly now) already found your permanent forever home.

~The Crew at ManxMnews

My dear sweet Willie
It was such a wonderful thing to see you snuggley in your warm blanket. I wish I was there right beside you sharing your snuggle. YOU are such a good snuggler. But, I will drift to sleep with you in my dreams.

yours ever so devotedly
The Divine Miss B

LZ said...

You've chosen a great new family and I'm sure that soon you'll all get along just perfectly!

Latte

Anonymous said...

you've got a great purrrsonality! hey - wanna join The House Panthers? we can send you an invitation, if you want, and then you can post on the House Panthers blog too. send an e-mail to kch917 AT sbcglobal DOT net and let us know your e-mail to send the invite. purrrrrrs!