Our (so-called) "employer"

Our (so-called) "employer"

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Temptation Thursday



Here we see Willie's brief moment of temptation (lapse in sanity) as he considers playing ball with Leah. Nothing good can ever come of that. And no. They never look each other directly in the eye. It's all part of their delicate paws de deux.

Who let a trained seal into our yard?


SPEAKING OF TEMPTATIONS, we got some! Our first EVER. Mosaic Lady underwent the torture that is Wal Mart yesterday and got us two kinds: turkey and chicken. She hasn't bought us stuff like this since Pounce was all the rage because it always came right back up on the rugs, all pink and gross. "If I wanted pink puke on the carpet I would've put it there myself!" blah blah blah blah. So we all gathered in the kitchen as soon as she got home and tried the turkey. Sadie ate hers so fast that Mosaic Lady was sure she was sitting on them. She did that three times in a row! Sadie can hoover up four turkey Temptations before you even have your hand back to yourself! (How many is too many? Mosaic Lady has portion control issues. Let us know how many we can eat before we puke so they don't get taken away again.)

Willie ate one and then got confused and disoriented, sort of sniffing around. HE CAN'T SEE THEM! Maybe he needs to borrow Daisy's Mommie's glasses.* Bianca could care less, which surprised us, but she's more of a Cheetos, string cheese and Chunky Monkey girl. The Dairy Queen. Next time we'll try the dairy blend flavor for her.

So that was the big deal at our house yesterday afternoon -- $2.50 "blown" to make us happy. Oh yeah...another $1.82 on some feather fishing pole toy that scared Sadie so badly she begged to go back outside. NO TENTS OR TUNNELS! "If I can't afford $40 for some guy to come mow the yards I'm not spending blah blah blah blah blah blah blah..." You know how they drone.

You don't know how bad we have it here! Be very grateful for all the things you guys get to eat, drive, ride in, grow, and play with!! We're living in some impoverished, third world, cat-as-chattle, oppressor nation around here. Why do you think we sit out Fashion Friday? Sadie and Bianca would be sporting burkas! (No offense intended for our Middle Eastern girl cat friends, of course.) Watch this space!!

*We kid the Daisy Mommie! Mosaic Lady started wearing reading glasses two years ago (at the very young age of 47) and already had to increase her strength. She pretty much wears them for everything close up now -- even shopping, cooking and emptying the dishwasher. She's bitter.

27 comments:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

I'm glad you all had a chance to try Temptations! :) They are yummy, but my other treats are just as yummy, in my opinion. We can't buy Temptations here in Germany, but Mr Chen & Ollie sent me some when I won a contest of theirs, and luckily customs didn't confiscate them!

The Cat Realm said...

Congratulations to the Temptations! We got our first ones from Caesar in the Secret Paws.
Considering to play ball with a dog - what a concept!

LZ said...

TEMPTATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yes, DAIRY is the best best best!!! Even I like them and I'm not into the whole treat thing. In fact I only like the dairy kind. I'm deprived too. We have toys, they just live in the toy closet and NEVER come out. The Lap Lady is not fun.

Kaze

The Meezers or Billy said...

Personally, I can eat abot 15 'afore I yak all over the rug. Sammy can eat about 7 'afore he yaks. Dairy is the bestest flavor in my opinion. chick-hen is the next bestest flavor. The green dental ones is really good too.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Hmm, our mom don't pay sumone to cut da grass cuz she's to cheap er, um, frugal.
she gotta do it herself. Den she gets all swetty and smelly. We love da dentabites, Sadie and I eat 3 or 4 and Speedy gets about 7 he'd eat da whole bag if mom would let him. Don't play wif da woofie, once yoo play wif dem dey think yoo shood play alla time and yoo'll neffur haf any time to yoorself. Not to menchun all da times da one next door tried to eat Zippy, he slobbered all over her!

Daisy said...

Temptations!! Yahoo for Temptations! I am very happy that you got to try them out. They are the most delicious things to ever go inside my tummy. Ever.

My Mommie has worn glasses for many many years. But now that she is in her forties, she can't see up close while she is wearing her regular glasses. And she refuses to wear those glasses-on-a-chain things to see up close. Even the cute ones with diamonds on them! Poor Mommie. Might be time for bifocals. Hahahahaha. Oh, sorry, Mommie. I was not laughing at you. Very much.

Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

We usually get 3-5 at a time. Our woofie steals them if he gets the chance. Mostly we don't give him the chance. Mommy is very careful about how many we get because Vincent who came before's top weight was 28.6 pounds and she doesn't want that to ever happen to us. We try to tell her that we play thundering herd of elephants too much for that to happen, but she doesn't listen. ::Pout::

HRH Yao-Lin said...

It is cat abuse. It is. Would you like me to phone the RSPCA? I really don't mind and at least wouldn't have to put up with this mistreatment any longer.

:-)

xx

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Good morning! It is 12 noon and time for coffee out here. Do you know where your TEMTATIONS are? Mine are in the pantry. I can take em or leave em. YIKES did I admit that? well, I am a fussy eater. What I loved like crazy just two minutes ago, I ignor the next. Mommy said I am a true redhead! Picky. My motto is: The early bird gets the worm....but I'd rather sleep late and eat cheesecake!
Wow you found lizards in NC?! It must be a jungle way out there....steamy and all that stuff?
Well the coffee water is callin me....have a super day and don't cut the grass. I like the natural look:)

Monty Q. Kat said...

Temtashuns!! Those are the only treats I eat, (oh! there's a catnip one I like too..), the green ones are yummy! And the dairy ones. And the turkey ones.

MomBean got your email, she's gettin' her etsy shop up this weekend! It'll be called-

MONTY!

Gotta go!

Christine and FAZ said...

Congratulations on the temptations, I still haven't tried any yet but I will, I know I will. FAZ

Unknown said...

That dog will try and eat you if you let him. They are evil.

MaoMao said...

We recently tried Temptayshuns for the first time and we are HOOKED!!! We love 'em!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

~Molly~ said...

Hai Kittehs and dog! I tried to email your mommy a few days ago about her comment she left me about my table cloth. It is just a drapery fabric from Laurie Smith's line(being discontinued I've heard). Anyway, I put up some pics of a few of our piggers and kittehs if she wants to check them out!

Molly, who is coming to western NC in 3 weeks!

Milton said...

Sadie aren't temptations grand!! I only get about 4 at one time. That's just coz I have to 'watch my figure'. Really what does that mean? I mean its not like ma belly is gonna get smaller just by watchin' it.

I just sit and open my mouth and she pops one in! Maybe that would work for Willie.
---Beezer

Samantha & Mom said...

We just got Temptations with our Secret paws and WE LOVE THEM!! I can eat about 8, Tigger will gobble the whole bag and then, you don't want to see it. So Mom has to give him a few at a time. My favorite is the dental ones, and Tigger's is the beef!
Your FL furiends,

The Cat Realm said...

I herewith promise solemnly and earnestly:
You do not have to ride in anything for the IDYA # 2!
Karl

Skeezix the Cat said...

My Food Lady went to reeding glasses two yeers ago, too. She's needed them for seeing far aways for a wile, but then she coodn't see close-up eether. And she tride progessive bifokuls wich she sed sukt. She hated them. So she has far-away glasses for driving, and fancy colorful drugstore reeding glasses with kyoot deezines painted on them for books and the New Yorker. I think they look kyoot.

Unknown said...

TEMTAYSHUNS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!! Ixsept now I'm on a Fish Flakes kik sinse I got a bunch for my berthday. I tride to convinse the peepul to let me eet nuthing but temtayshuns, but they wernt buyin it. They continyoo to forse barfy regyuler food down my throte.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Temptations~! You doing very good on that~!!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Temptations are yummy. I like to gobble they up quickly.

Leah is very good, she could be famous!

Headbutts, Caesar

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

dere iz nuthin ... i meen nuthin like a handful uv temptashunz! i haven't yacked one up yet!
i wunder wut da recipe iz?
i luv 'em ... i luv 'em alot!
jh

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Bianca, I would like to wish you a very happy birthday! I hope you have a great day!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Happy Purrthday Bianca and a squillion more...

Anonymous said...

All the Good Cats and I want to add our good wishes for a happy birthday to sweet Bianca... and many more, too!

Victor Tabbycat said...

Mmmmm Temptations... Yup, you gots to try the Dairy flavor next. Mom gifs us like 5-10 pieces each, twice a day. Pounce makes Bonnie barf too, but not the Temptations (yousually).

Mom saw kitty cubes in the $1 aisle at Walgreens. She must like Walgreens cuz she an Dad go there a lot. Oh, an they gots Temptations there, too.

Bianca, I haf to sing now!
Hippo Birdy Two Ewes,
Hippo Birdy Two Ewes,
Hippo Birdy Deer Bianca,
Hippo Birdy Two Ewes!
... and many more!!!!!!
Purrs to one an all,
Victor

Fox's Mom said...

Wot's Pounce?

Mosiac Lady kinda sounds like my people. My people wears trifocals and she is only 50! She looks cute when she ssquints at me in the morning, though:) And she thinks Wal-Mart is torture, too. But I want a tunnel, and a tent, and a screen room, and a whole lot of things to play with so my People better get used to Wal-Mart!

Mozart